Monday, August 6, 2007

On The Road Again

The title really is cliché, I know. In my defense, however, it is 5:15 AM and I am already at the airport. I am a mixture of nerves and confidence. Sometimes, I am just barely brave enough to pull these things off. The moments of self-doubt burble up.
"Psst, why don't you crawl back in bed? Or, better yet, back under your rock?"
"Go away, I'm up, I might as well see this through."

I, shamelessly, sent a text to ma chère this morning when I got up.
CM: "Today is the beginning of our next great adventure. I am very glad you are my best and closest traveling companion. I love you."
MC: "Let us begin. I love you. Go with God. Don't forget your choes. Perhaps you should take a bath towel as well!"

Thanks, Mr. Adams, you can still make me laugh until I cry. Next stop is New York. Where did I put that Guide?

No comments: