Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Introduction

So by popular demand, a bit about being a House Manager. First, let me acknowledge my sources and my experience.

I received my Certified Household Manager certificate from Starkey International in July 2007.

I have worked restaurants, resorts and hotels. I have several years experience in a kitchen that served both restaurant and banquet customers. I have served in formal dining rooms as waiter and sommelier (though, frankly I prefer to drink the stuff rather than sell it), banquet server, maitre'd, bartender, even a brief stint as a DJ. I have worked the front desk, reservationist, housekeeping, bellhop, pool attendant, water-ski instructor, chauffeur, concierge and just about every position in a movie theater except projectionist. My mother shared her wonderful skills in preparing French, and indeed International, cuisine and entertaining every guest as though they were an ambassador.

I have long hard-earned years of retail service experience. I can fold anything from a woman's silk shell to a 8 foot by 8 foot braided rug. (Do not even get me started about folding clothes and US Navy boot-camp.) I can stand at a register for countless hours with nothing to drink or eat, greeting every customer with a smile in my voice and balance my till to the penny at the end of my shift. I can tell you about the features and benefits of computers, well constructed furniture, washers & dryers and air conditioners. I have worked for a 4-seat answering service and a 300-seat mutual fund call center. I was a registered rep (Series 6 & 63).

I have assisted in the management of rental and condominium properties. I have done maintenance, housekeeping, grounds keeping and neighbor relations. I even had the thankless job of Secretary & Treasurer for our Owners' Association. (Yes, the condo is STILL for sale.)

My experience in information technology has been as a business analyst both on the IT side of the shop and the "Business" side. Project managers will see Project Management Institute type references in here. Process managers will see parts of the Rational Unified Development ("who"/"how") and Waterfall processes for software development. There is even a bit of requirements training via Requirements Quest. I have also been working on and supporting computers since the Commodore 64 only had a tape drive.

But, as they say, enough about me...

Title by: Panic! At The Disco


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not human,you freak of nature.........LOL.I didn't even realize how many different things you have done.