Sunday, March 1, 2009

Give Me a Little More Time

I am knocking around the idea of writing a book. I know that I am not much of a writer; frankly, I am an unranked amateur. However, I look around the industry and all I see are a lot of housekeeping books. Housekeeping is only one of many components that make up the job of House Manager. There are also administrative, kitchen and maintenance duties to name just a few.
The thing is, once you get an understanding of the processes involved, there are many many ways to tackle the job, just like there are dozens of books that will "teach" you how to use Microsoft Word or "Make a Million on Ebay".
I now face a dilemma. Do I publish my ideas here first or do I stop writing here for a bit in order to get my ideas submitted? And, of course, my mind races with the "what-if" scenarios, like "what if" I forget to properly cite my resources?
In the meantime, things on the blog will be on the light side.

Title by: The Chairmen of the Board

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Matt B - I think you've found a niche there. I would probably stop blogging here about it and start on the book....